Boosters Meeting Minutes - November 7, 2017
Agenda 1. Events 2. Fundraisers 3. Financials 4. Other items 5. Next Steps
Meeting began at 6:00 pm
Carleen welcomed the parents to the Band Booster Meeting.
1. Band Hangout opportunity – Bowling Carleen will check and see if the bowling alley will be available wither November 20 th or 27 th . It has to be a Monday due to tournaments Kids will pay for their games and food Boosters are facilitating the event and helping provide chaperones
2. Christmas Parade is Sunday, December 10 th @ 6pm at Half Mile Lake Call time is till TBD Kids will need to be in place at parade site by 5:30pm Kids will be wearing their costume Need a bus and Trailer Dismiss from WHHS
3. Christmas Party Try and have it after the Christmas Parade at the Half Mile Lake Clubhouse - Tracy will check with her friend Jennifer Reneke’s house will be a back-up plan Nova may also want to have the kids come by after the parade - Carleen will check with her
4. Band Concert at WHHS December 14 th @ 7pm Dress rehearsal the night before until 5:30pm
Fundraisers: Avon Profit Share Event will be extended through November 18 th o Keep sharing on Social Media
Bake Sale – December 1 st in the Cafeteria o Christmas cookies – drop off in front office and labeled “Band Bake Sale” o Wear ugly Christmas sweater or tshirt o Sign Ups available
Pizza Inn Thursday, November 9 th o Kids working event need to be there 5:30 -9:30pm but the event is from 6-9pm o Wear WHHS Band gear
o Sign Ups available for kids and parent chaperones
Wendy’s Night is November 14 th and December 12 th from 5:30-8:30 pm
Robin Broumas is working on a profit night at Texas Roadhouse in December
Noel is going to be working with Boosters and Mr. Pace on writing grants for instruments and staff o We need to be able to keep staff year round in order to have consistency of staff year after year.
Fruit Fundraiser o Sold 226 boxes o 44 kids participated = 60.2% participation o Do not have the number of kids who just paid profit
Financials: We currently have $3,494.48 in our BB&T account and $4,963.70 in or PayPal account We still need to pay for staff, coke, props, trucks, and fruit.
o Coke should be giving us a credit on returned product.
We will need to repair the Vibraphone that was borrowed Mr. Pace will be able to pay out of his budget to get all of the other borrowed instruments cleaned
Other Items: 1. Need to get prop team together to strip the vinyl from the props
Henry will coordinate
2. Armed Forces Parade will be sometime in May at the airport 3. All County and Regions
o We had 31 kids sign up for All County and 18 sign up for Region
o Huge improvement from last year
o Working towards the Outstanding Performer Award
4. Greenville County School Board Meetings
o Carleen wants to start attending these meetings and bring awareness to the School Board
about some of the challenges school marching bands face
Staff contracts in July when they will not be available until after August
Money for instruments
5. Spin Club beginning in January
o A way for the kids to still be involved and participate in the winter and help them with their skills
o 1 day a week in the band room
o Kids will pay $50 to participate and fundraise to help offset costs
o Plan on going to one competition to observe (WGI in Charlotte)
o Anyone interested can join at any point in the season
Next Steps: 1. Volunteer online 2. Avon Sale 3. Christmas Events coming up! 4. Fundraising nights - eat, eat, eat!
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm