4. Other Items
5. Discuss next steps
Carleen opened the meeting at 5pm.
1. Band Hangout opportunity – Bowling
Carleen will check and see if the bowling alley will be available wither November 20 th or 27 th .
It has to be a Monday due to tournaments
Kids will pay for their games and food
Boosters are facilitating the event and helping provide chaperones
2. Christmas Parade is Sunday, December 10 th @ 6pm at Half Mile Lake
3. Christmas Party
Try and have it after the Christmas Parade at the Half Mile Lake Clubhouse - Tracy will check
with her friend
Jennifer Reneke’s house will be a back-up plan
Try to utilize the left over concession food – nachos/cheese, hot dogs, chips, candy and drinks
See if the kids want to participate in a white elephant swap – TBD
Nova may also want to have the kids come by after the parade - Carleen will check with her
4. Band Concert at WHHS December 14 th @ 7pm
o Tracy will organize these sales
Avon Profit Share Event will be extended through November 18 th
Bake Sale – December 1 st in the Cafeteria
Pizza Inn Thursday, November 9 th
We currently have $3,494.48 in our BB&T account and $4,963.70 in or PayPal account
We still need to pay for staff, coke, props, trucks, and fruit.
o Coke should be giving us a credit on returned product.
1. Storage Unit
o We have the unit until the end of November
o $80 extra per month if we need to extend
o $1500-2000 to purchase one but Pace does not want to do that right now
o Susan has 2 storage units available we can use if we need to store props after November until
we sell them.
2. Pace wants the 8 large vinyl panels from the props to be removed from frames so they can be
displayed in the band room
o We will sell the remaining 16 smaller vinyl panels
o Carleen will check on a product we can use to help remove the adhesive from the vinyl without
o All other items, circles, flags, colorguard costumes, etc will need to be put up for sale sooner
than later so we can take advantage of directors planning for Winterguard.
o Kids will return them after parade and we will distribute later
o We still have 5 or 6 kids that have not paid for them
o Pace will check if these kids qualify for Free and Reduced lunch status, if so the school will pay
for their costume.
o Robyn will give Pace the names of these kids.
4. New Uniforms
o We only have a few pieces of them. Expecting to get the rest by March
o They have cut outs so we can change the color of the under shirts to match a show if needed
o Because we are getting new uniforms, we will be marching in the Armed Forces Parade
sometime in May 2018.
5. Band Fee
6. Spin Club
o A way for the kids to still be involved and participate in the winter and help them with their skills
o 1 day a week in the band room
o Contract Lexi to instruct ($2500, but Pace will see if she will take a little less)
o Kids will pay $50 to participate and fundraise to help offset the cost of Lexi and travel
o Plan on going to one competition to observe (WGI in Charlotte)
o Can send a few of the Colorguard from this year to Middle Schools to recruit
1. Band Bowling Party – Carleen to confirm date
2. Christmas Parade – Pace to confirm call time
3. Christmas Party – Tracy to confirm Clubhouse, Carleen to talk to Nova
4. Band / Strings Concert Bake Sales – Tracy to organize
5. Remove Vinyl from Props – Henry to organize team
6. Sell props – Ian organize and upload to web
7. Costumes – Robyn provide Pace with list of kids, Pace check on status
8. Spin Club – Lexi – Pace to work with her on reducing fee and determine practice time for calendar
9. Next Board Meeting, December 19 th at 5:00 pm in the Chorus Room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.