Here are some reminders and information about band activities from the Band Boosters and A.J. Pace, Director of Bands.
Band camp - Monday thru Thursday
9 am - 1 pm, 5 pm - 9 pm
Band camp - Friday (NOTE DIFFERENT HOURS)
9 am - 1 pm, 2 pm - 5 pm
End of Band Camp Celebration
Parents and families, please join us Friday, August 11
5 pm - performance in the parking lot
6 pm - Dinner in cafeteria from Moe’s, $5 per person
8 pm - Pool Party for band/guard students only (pick up at 10 pm at Wade Hampton Gardens Pool, across from the student parking lot/practice field)
We need to know how many to expect for dinner so please click below to RSVP through the website by Monday August 7!
Rehearsal schedule, week of August 14
Monday, Aug 14 - Rehearsal, 4 pm - 7 pm
Tuesday, Aug 15 - Rehearsal, 4 pm - 7 pm
Thursday, Aug 17 - Family Fun Fest - Band Rehearsal and Performance, 4 pm - 7 pm
Check the website calendar anytime to see what's coming up. Go to http://www.whhsbands.com/calendar.
PARENTS - REMINDERS!
1. Band fee ($150 cash or check) is NOW DUE.
2. Please also pay (if you haven't yet) for your student's accessories package (all students), compression shirt (non-color guard only) and shoes (those who need them).
3. We still need Band Camp chaperones for this week, especially midday break!
Visit our SignUp.com page if you can help.
4. Remember the Drop Off and Pick Up Process:
5. Keep up the great work eating well, dressing for the weather, and remembering to bring:
6. REMIND your student to get in the Remind group for band students
Remember, start talking to friends, family and local businesses to find sponsors for WHHS Band.
Funds raised will go toward the student's individual fundraising requirement while helping provide the money we need to purchase props and other early-season supplies.