Board Meeting Minutes - August 23, 2016
Meeting Date: August 23, 2016
√ Michelle Brower
√ Carleen Smith
√ Terri McMorrow
√ ShaeAnn Cavanagh
√ Robyn Wilcox
√ AJ Pace
1. Fruit Sales Fundraiser
3. Zaxby’s Non-Profit Night
5. Football Games
6. Discuss next steps
Michelle received all the fruit sale information and we will pass out the form and envelop (pre-named
for band members) starting on Monday, August 29 th . Robyn will send out an email blast advising parents
the fundraiser information has been passed out and to look for it. We will start selling the fruit
September 1 st through November 7 th .
7 boxes sold = $4,000 - $5,000
If two if those boxes are direct shipped = additional $500 each.
Orders can be made on the Indian River fruit website or by check payment to the Boosters. Teri will
contact Chris with Indian River for order details from an accounting perspective. We will add this
website to Mr. Pace’s school website, WHHS Band Boosters Facebook page, and WHHS school website.
Mr. Pace has posters to put up around the school. He will also announce at the next faculty meeting.
Mr. Sperry has all the materials to make the props except for 2x6 30’ wood and 30 casters. He will be
assembling them tomorrow. We need to ask Home Depot, Northern Tool, and Harbor Freight for
donations of the wood and casters. Screen printing will still need to be done once the frames are made.
Props need to be completed by September 17 th .
Carleen will follow up with Zaxby’s since their process changed and we are sure the impact of the profit
margin. Sidewall Pizza also does fundraisers and Carleen will check with them too.
Inventory has been taken of all concession products and supplies. The concession stand has been
cleaned and organized. We have received some donations and a shopping list for the remaining items
has been provided as well. Mr. Pace advised that the stand will be sprayed for bugs tomorrow. He also
checked on the electrical outlets. We will need to figure out a way to plug in 4 crock pots without
blowing a circuit. Advice is to use multiple outlets and not just the one. Mr. Pace has a surge protector
we can use. Michelle and Teri will go shopping on Sunday for concession food and paper products.
Volunteer request for concession workers has gone out. We have some signed up but still need more
Consensus of the board is to no feed the band members during 3 rd quarter because it sets a precedent
which will be harder to fulfill when the band grows larger. There is not a JV/C-Team game this Thursday
because Greenville High only has a Varsity Team. Michelle advised that the games for the week of fall
break are on different days. Robyn will check the calendar. We also need volunteers for the games in
the stands with the band members.
1. Robyn was able to procure 60 free show shirts for the competition band members. These will be a
gift from the Board.
2. Booster Parent Meetings will be 1 st Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm through December
Dates- 9/6, 10/4, 11/1, and 12/6
3. Booster Board Meetings will be the 4 th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm, locations will be TBD
Dates - 9/27, 10/25, 11/22, 12/20
4. Gear order will be the end of August
5. Parent pick up for ALL band events and practice needs to be through front gate that follows the side
of the building. This will alleviate congestion with the football and cheerleading members.
6. Starting this Tuesday the band will use the track field for practice. Parent will be invited to watch
7. Teri handed out the financial statement and budget. We have not had a lot of expenses so far. Main
expense will be the concession food and supplies.
1. Concession shopping and set up for Sept 2 nd Football Game
2. Fruit Sale form distribution
3. Prop completion and donations for wood and casters
4. Volunteers for football games and concessions
5. Next meeting is Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:30pm, Location TBD